9/13/10

First photos of the new Korfball


Last night the Dutch team played a match against the German Team.
This was the first match in which the new Mikasa ball was been used.

After watching this game, I want to give a few remarks about this first introduction. In my opinion, the yellow korf and the yellow and blue ball do not give a good contrast. I wonder why these colors were chosen. I know that yellow and blue are the corporate colours of Mikasa, but I am sure that if the "Korfball world" buys about 50.000 balls each year, Mikasa could produce the korfball in the colours the korfball world would prefer!

Something more positive: the surface of the ball is rough. It feels like a hard, dry sponge. As far as I have understood, the players appreciate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment